Covid-19 Appointment Protocol
After careful consideration, and having taken advice from our governing bodies, we are delighted to confirm that we are now open. To do this safely we have needed to make some changes in the way we can see patients face to face and provide treatment. Please forgive us; but all the new measures that you will see are necessary to ensure a safe environment for you and the team. Please bear with us.
We are keen to prepare our clinic prior to your visit as much as possible in order to limit the time you spend in the practice and to allow us to manage your dental problem efficiently and effectively while you are with us. We will endeavor to manage as much pre-visit admin and consultation with you over the phone and by email to streamline your actual onsite visit.
Please do not come to the appointment if:
– You have any symptoms of Corona Virus Infection.
– You live or have come into contact with anyone who has any symptoms of Corona Virus Infection.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
– a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
– a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
– a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
On the day of your appointment
Please print and complete your Medical History Form and Covid-19 Questionnaire, and bring this to your appointment.
- Please arrive to your appointment on time. Neither early or late. This will enable us to greatly minimise the chances of you coming into contact with other people that are not essential to your dental care.
- Please use your toilet and brush your teeth before departing from home. While the toilet at the Practice can be used by patients, the less people who do so will greatly help us to keep the Practice safe for all.
- Please wear an extra layer of clothing and covered legs, suitable for a cool room. We will have an air sterilizer running, this adds a bit of background noise.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary items (bags, shopping, keys, phones etc) into the building. All excess items add to the risk of spreading infections.
- Only the patient should enter to building. Please arrive at the Practice with a facial mask/covering. If you have been given a lift to the Practice, we will ask that the others remain outside the building. For example, stay in the car or take the opportunity for a brief walk in Bushy Park. (The gate is opposite the Practice.)
On arrival at the Practice
- Come into the entrance hall and wait at the glass door to reception. This will be locked; we will let you in. Respectfully we will not shake your hand or make any other form of physical greeting. We will greet you formally.
- Place all your processions, e.g. coats, keys phones bags; into one of grey plastic trays. These are on the right as you come through the door.
- Use the Alcohol based hand sanitizers. These will be just inside the door.
- We will take a body temperature reading with a contactless infra-red scanner. If you have a raised temperature, we will ask you to return home. If all I clear, as we all hope, you will be shown into the treatment room. Please do not take a seat in the reception area, unless directed to do so.
- On taking your seat in the dental chair, please remove your facial covering and rinse with the Peroxide mouth wash. Please do this for one full minute, then gently spit this into the white bowl to the left side of the chair. This will reduce the numbers (if any) of virus within the mouth.
Please do; follow all our instruction. We do not want to over onerous in our precautions, however we are sensibly taking all the regulatory precautions to be able to help our patients continue with their oral health care within this challenging environment. If we all play our part in this, we will be able to:
– Protect ALL our patients and staff.
– Stay open, to help as many people as possible.
– Help those who are in pain / discomfort.
– Work our way back to some form of normality.
Here at Bushy Park Dental, we are working hard to ensure that your visit to the dental practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience. Many of the procedures and protocols that were routinely part of safe delivery of dental care are already well developed and practiced at Bushy Park Dental. With the COVID19 pandemic we have upgraded many of these routines to ensure that we are offering you the latest in safe dental environments. The risk of virus particle contamination is managed carefully in all areas of the building and treatment room.
If you have a Dental Insurance Policy that requires us to fill out and/or stamp and sign than please remember to bring the form to your appointment. Providing you present us with a claim form that has your details (name address, policy numbers etc) and is SIGNED, we will happily complete the form and send it onto the insurance company. Please also provide a STAMPED and addressed envelope.